Requirements Engineering: Right Requirements, Right Products
"Nearly 20% of development cost is due to rework because of ill-defined and poorly managed requirements."
Software Engineering Institute, US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
This paper provides a thorough and detailed examination of a comprehensive requirements engineering solution. The paper begins by summarizing the high-level benefits of an effective requirements engineering approach by analyzing:
- The high-level benefits of an effective requirements engineering approach
- The role of requirements engineering within Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- How PTC Integrity can seamlessly and effectively manage requirements through its single platform, single architecture approach.
The paper also examines how requirements are authored, captured and traced through the downstream lifecycle. Other examples will include:
- How companies can utilize best practices such as parallel development and reuse.
- How configuration management concepts such as versioning and base lining can be leveraged.